We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
The National Corporate Banking Relationship Manager will handle multi-faceted relationships as you call on prospective and existing clients to generate loans, deposits, and fees primarily outside of the Bank's physical geographical footprint. The primary client and prospect universe for a National Corporate Banking RM will include companies of all sizes but generally have revenues in excess of $200 million and have many cross sell fee opportunities for the bank. You will determine credit eligibility, prepare loan narratives, ensure loans meet appropriate criteria, and effectively cross-sell a wide variety of products. Your responsibilities include marketing products and services, including preparing for client calls, making sales calls, and call follow-up as well as monitoring and enhancing profitability on all assigned relationships. The National Corporate Relationship Manager participates in the achievement of corporate sales and service goals to build customer (external/internal) relationships and enhance shareholder value.
The position will generally but not exclusively be located in a market hub or other high business potential area.
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by participating in business development activities, proactively reviewing client's current and changing financial needs, and promoting First Financial Bank's products and services.
- Aggressively grows and maintains a profitable book of business (loans,deposits and fees) to achieve individual and group goals.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client's needs based on the review and analysis of financial data as well as through in depth capital structure conversations with the client.
- Qualifies prospects by collecting and analyzing financial and related data in order to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan requests.
- Qualifies a prospect's non-credit related needs by introducing internal product partners in an effort to quantify the potential fee opportunity.
- Primarily responsible for quickly determining if a company and or a transaction meets First Financial Bank's credit and returns standards.
- Prepares internal Opportunity Memo document that clearly articulates the benefits and risks with a proposed transaction both credit and non-credit related
- Responsible for discussing Opportunity Memo with superiors and internal business partners including credit to garner support.
- Prepares or oversees the completion of the loan approval form including careful underwriting of the loan so that the structure meets the needs of the borrower and the bank. Obtains appropriate approval for credit under consideration.
- Establishes and negotiates the terms under which the credit will be extended to include pricing fees, costs repayment method and schedule, collateral requirements, etc.
- Responsible for the credit quality which includes past due credits, non-performing and credit exceptions of their active portfolio.
- Actively participates and represents First Financial Bank in various community, civic and professional organizations.
- Monitors the performance of the borrower over the life of the loan. Be able to recognize developing problems and bringing them to the attention of management. For troubled credits, assist in developing a strategy to return the credit to a pass rating or exit strategy.
- Refers loans to loan committee for approval.
- Remains primary contact for client after loan closing. Promotes and cross-sells other First Financial Bank products and services as appropriate in partnership with internal business partners.
- Handles relationships with companies of all sizes and all industries. For the most part companies will have annual revenue exceeding $200 million unless there is an established relationship and/or a significant ancillary opportunity. Client and prospective clients will have primary headquarters outside of First Financials footprint.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
- 10+ years of relationship/account management experience selling banking products in the upper middle market or large corporate market.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Generating new business through a consultative sales approach.
- Demonstrated sales and negotiating experience.
- Ability to work effectively with internal business partners.in managing customer relationships.
- Undergraduate degree required, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Credit training, credit quality and underwriting fundamentals experience; including financial analysis required.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years of relationship banking or capital markets banking experience in the upper middle market or large corporate market
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
- Proven ability to be able to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to be decisive and formulate a position on an opportunity and then clearly communicate that position's merits internally.
Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
This job has expired.