The Shift Lead provides oversight and day-to-day schedule adherence of the shift including their teams training and production reporting. One of the prime responsibilities is to keep lines running efficiently, within Safety, Production and Quality goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for production lines, guidance on day-to-day activities of their direct team.
- Lead daily pre-shift Ergonomic stretches and Kickoff Meetings.
- Responsible for meeting all Safety, Quality, Production and Scrap goals of their assigned area.
- Ensure team works safely and participates on accident/incident investigations as applicable.
- Provide input to supervisor for employee disciplinary documentation and employee evaluations.
- Ensure all daily production paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Works with Quality Department to ensure finished goods meet specifications.
- Lead, communicate, train, and coach their direct teams to ensure they follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures the proper training of personnel.
- Coordinate/support training of Technicians on changeovers and troubleshooting procedures.
- Coordinate changeovers and ensure compliance with established processes and setup parameters.
- Troubleshoot, fix, and identify any Quality issues with the lines in a timely manner.
- Directly works with team to manage and control shifts daily scrap and take actions to minimize it.
- Ensures all necessary reports and alerts are communicated.
- Work with maintenance to address issues with production lines.
- Follow production schedule.
- Support scheduled preventive maintenance activities.
- Maintain the pelletizer running focusing on maximum uptime and proper operation.
- Manage staffing levels based on daily production needs.
Practice continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste.
- Other duties may be assigned and not all duties listed might be assigned.
High School Degree/GED is required.
Technical Vocational Schooling is a plus.EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years related experience in extrusion or plastics processing industry is preferred
- 3 - 5 years' experience in the set-up and changeover of a plastics extrusion line is preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment working with scheduling, data management and reporting is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with shift leads and supervisors in coordination with production.
- Understand extrusion basics.
- High sense of urgency.
- Successfully demonstrate leadership behavior.
- Good Attendance and Accountability.
- Computer literate, must be able to read and write in English to complete reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency PC functions including Microsoft office and Windows.
- High level of organizational skills. Logs, checklists and inspections records must be maintained orderly and legible.
- High sense of urgency. Escalate Potential Safety, Process and/or Quality issues.
- Promotes a positive attitude towards Safety.
- Capacity to work independently as well as within a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Availability to work overtime and off shifts when required.
- Ability to promote a professional work environment with a focus on respect and trust.
- Good Knowledge of Company Safety policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters and good working relationships with Managers, Supervisors and fellow employees
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Must have excellent follow-up skills in order to thoroughly complete assigned tasks.
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand up to 12 hours a day, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, pull, kneel, crouch orawl up. Use of hand to extend ones' arm(s) in any direction and to exert force in order to draw, drag or tug hose and use of repetitive motions of the body. The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds and frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
It is the policy of The Toro Company to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Toro Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.