4PM to 4AM shift - $20/hour to Start!
The Milk Receiver is responsible for driving tankers onto and off of the receiving bay, unloading of milk from tanker trucks, washing and sanitizing tankers trucks, silos and receiving lines, and to aid in the manufacturing of all company products in a safe and sanitary work environment. The Receiver is responsible for pumping incoming raw milk or cream from tank trucks into storage tanks, document and record volume into inventory. This full-time position plays an integral role in the production process of our award-winning cheddar cheese products. Responsible for ensuring that GMP's, HACCP, SQF and Safety procedures are properly followed. The selected candidate must have the capability to work from PLC screens, working in high places (on top of trucks) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sanitizes all unloading equipment prior to its use.
- Check security seals on bulk tankers and verify against the manifest
- Checks all incoming tanker loads for order, temperature, taste and any other factors in accordance with the Quality Assurance Program.
- Collect samples of incoming product, using defined procedures, and take to laboratory for analysis to insure that product meets the Shamrock Farms specifications, and the associated state or federal regulatory agencies.
- Operate all computer-controlled product transfer equipment to transfer incoming product from incoming tanker trucks to the appropriate receiving tanks/holding silos in the receiving area. Monitor all equipment regularly to insure proper operation and maintain product integrity.
- Monitor all tanks, clamps and valves at start-up and during transfer process to detect leaks or improperly functioning equipment. Any product loss shall be documented and reported promptly to Quality Assurance and plant management.
- Routinely check all equipment for malfunctions and proper sanitation and take appropriate corrective action. Report any repairs that cannot be completed as a routine item to Maintenance and generate a work order for forwarding to management and Quality Assurance.
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate records for Food Safety, Loss Control, Product Tracking, and Equipment operation, including the proper labeling of process charts. Documentation shall follow the policies outlined by plant management and Quality Assurance. All documentation will be as neat, orderly and legible as possible.
- Perform prescribed cleaning processes on tanks or lines that are selected to be cleaned, and assure that they are set up properly, checked to protect other tanks, lines and product. Complete check chart at end of wash cycle per Quality Assurance requirements
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Utilize continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and all required work safe practices.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has expired.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting is required.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations
- Must have a current driver's license and clean driving record for past 39 months
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Able to read and interpret receiving documents.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to obtain within 30 days of hire State Lab Sample Testing Certification and Sample Pulling Certification.