Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Mid-Level Environmental Remediation Engineer with 5-10 years' experience in our Portland, Maine and Rocky Hill, Connecticut office. The work will involve engineering design, preparing feasibility studies, and construction support completed under the guidance of senior staff. The Wood, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
Key Responsibilities :
The position will involve environmental remediation including, but not limited to remedial design of treatment systems, report preparation, support for water and wastewater permitting and compliance activities, contamination assessment, construction, and operation and maintenance support. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of design engineers to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare work plans, sampling and analysis plans, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans
- Prepare environmental permit applications (e.g., air permitting, wastewater discharge permitting, etc.)
- Prepare engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, treatment systems designs, and develop cost estimates
- Prepare and/or review plans, specifications, and special provisions for construction projects
- Complete projects in a timely and accurate manner. Work outside of normal work hours may be required on occasion.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Review and comment on contractor submittals
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Conduct construction closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and contract closeout
- Daytime travel and overnight (up to a week or more) travel required, as needed
- Overtime required, as needed
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license, work outdoors in various weather conditions and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
Skills / Qualifications
Basic/Required Qualifications :
- BS in Environmental/Chemical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of engineering/consulting experience with a focus on remedial design including water treatment, soil vapor extraction and treatment, in-situ remediation
- Engineer-Intern (EI) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and organizational abilities
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites - Anticipated travel expected to be less than 10% overnight travel; however, extended travel up to two weeks is possible at times
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Preferred Qualifications :
- MS in Environmental/Chemical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Experience with CERCLA/Superfund hazaroudous waste sites, associated rules and regulations and preparation of various associated documents
- Experience with remediation on sites that fall under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Experience preparing feasibility studies; cost estimates; remediation engineering design calculations, drawings and associated specifications; and review of submittals for a variety of projects with soil, sediment, and groundwater contamination
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and lifelong learner
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.