ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform microbiology analyses according to method specification and client requirements as well as accept samples from outside clients.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Analyze wastewater and sludge/solid samples for microbiological and wet chemistry parameters.
- Perform all quality control requirements associated with the methods and maintain appropriate records.
- Will receive samples from outside clients and field service personnel and inspect for proper containers, temperatures, preservatives, etc.
- Prioritize work by creating schedules to complete daily assignments.
- Interpret and author SOPs, perform reagent formulation, record bench level observations, and keep records in bound and electronic notebooks.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Follows safety and security procedures regarding materials and equipment.
- Communicates information well to co-workers / team members to include all those involved in the decision-making process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work schedules and be self-directed in completing daily assignments.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities.
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate well in English, both verbal and written.
- Desire to work in a laboratory science setting.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Experience in document control, the use of SOP's, reagent formulation, and bench level observation and record-keeping in bound and electronic notebooks.
- An understanding of basic quality assurance parameters specifically measure of precision and accuracy is preferred.
- Experience in the analysis of environmental samples for microbiological and wet chemistry parameters using EPA methodologies.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and some college level courses in a science curriculum are required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a related field or previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and /or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Able to lift more than 50 lbs
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
- Must be able to distinguish differences in color and shade.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion actions.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.