Prepare incoming work orders, metallurgical testing and perform inspections for the Heat Treat operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare incoming work orders for processing
- Develop work tickets for each incoming job, documenting results and closing out tickets as work orders are completed
- Test sample selection, sectioning, mounting, polishing, etching, optical microscope evaluations, recording findings
- Conduct hardness testing, superficial scales, Brinell hardness tester, portable testers and microhardness testing
- Conduct dimensional checks and analysis for anticipated finish carburized case depth determination
- Evaluate test results, comparing them to requirements.
- Inform supervisor and Heat Treat operators about results of carburizing for process control and improvements
- Initiate Material Review Reports as for discrepant work.
- Inspect incoming raw material - sprag stock and generate report
- Section and evaluate sprags from tumbling department for surface quality
- Maintain lab. clean, organized and supplied with consumables.
- Provide assistance to heat treat manager with special projects as needed
Job Requirements Education Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Two (2) years of college training in a technical field, or equivalent work experience in a technical field
- Ability to understand communicate customer requirements and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to interact in a team environment
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work and keep up in a fast-paced environment
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As a result, all applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.