This hybrid position is responsible and accountable for the processing of all regulated billing documentation meeting HCFA/MCC/JCAHO regulations and guidelines. Physician Order Specialist is responsible for the delivery and retrieval of physician orders and certifications in need of signature. The Physician Order Specialist acts as a liaison between the physician's office and the agency to ensure the timely return of compliant physician's documentation; and executes a strategy for ensuring meeting this objective. The Physician Order Specialist will also be responsible for communicating physician practice preferences and report any concerns regarding orders and certification oversight back to the Manager of Clerical Operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Health care experience preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Displays optimal critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare rules and regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of managed care environment preferred
- Experience multi-tasking on multiple computer systems..
- Must have valid Driver's license and reliable transportation to and from work site.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate a commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics, and adhere to the Compliance Program.
About Mercy Home Health
- Health, dental and vision insurance on first day of hire
- Daily Pay offered
- Short and long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive orientation
- Opportunities for advancement
Mercy Home Health is a member of Trinity Health At Home, a national home care, palliative care and hospice organization serving communities in twelve states. We are a comprehensive, trusted provider of home care and end-of-life care in the sacred place that people call home. A Catholic-based, non-profit organization, we serve patients and their loved ones with home care (skilled nursing, physical/occupational and speech therapy and medical social work), palliative care, hospice and bereavement services. Our legacy continues with a pioneering, future-thinking care model. We blend clinical expertise with our exclusive Home Care Connect™ virtual care program to help patients achieve their health goals. We have energizing new vision and strategy. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.