Brigham and Women's Hospital is dedicated to:
- Serving the needs of our local and global community
- Providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
- Expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
- Educating the next generation of health care professional
Brigham and Women's Hospital is committed to putting everyPatient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact onpatients and the care they receive at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Your workwill be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care,respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleaguesand by customer service excellence.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment anddemonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of yourdepartment and the organization.
This job description includes:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General expectations for the position
- Addendum A - BWH Behavioral Competencies
- Addendum B - Job Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Addendum C - Physical/Working Conditions
Indicate key areas ofresponsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for thisposition. These items should be evaluatedthroughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.Greets patients coming in for appointments, in aprofessional manner, and escorts them into patient exam rooms.
Assists with all procedures within the practiceincluding both routine and non-routine (complex) procedures. (The extent andcomplexity of procedures will be practice- specific and need to havedocumentation of why considered complex).
Takes vital signs, performs phlebotomy and obtains EKGswhen appropriate.
Assists with determining reason for visit or phonecall, flags for immediate responses, takes messages appropriately and notifiesappropriate medical staff.
Performs patient education and counseling in predeterminedareas and various testing (vision/hearing), under proper direction.
Assists with receiving test results for physicians andcalling patient with follow up of labs and tests under direction of physician.
Assists with varied procedures, such as blood pressurechecks, throat cultures and suture removals, as directed and under thesupervision of the RN or MD.
Escorts patients and labs/supplies to other areas ofthe hospital, as requested.
Clean instruments and equipment, following infectioncontrol guidelines.
Operates sterilizer when received, if applicable.Maintains sterilizer competencies.
Answerand transfer telephone calls.
Scheduleand register patients for appointments/procedures, confirmappointments/procedures, prepare for patient visit by providing patient withall necessary information and completing all necessary tasks.
Ensureall billing/fiscal information is completed and submitted after visit,including collection and daily reconciliation of any co-payments.
Assistwith training and orienting staff as needed.
Providecross coverage as needed.
Assistwith special projects as directed.
FollowHIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
Maintains excellent customer service.
Otherduties, as assigned.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
(MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related tothe essential functions of the job.)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills are required.
- Strong clinical and judgment skills are essential.
- Ability to work successfully as a team player.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various medical procedures, such as phlebotomy, EKGs, vital signs, etc.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; OB/GYN preferred
Phone skills: Ability to use phone system (answerand screen calls, put on hold), answer routine questions and give routineinformation.
Verbal skills: Ability to interpret information asappropriate, answer routine questions in the most professional manner andcommunicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
Organization Skills: Ability to manage work processes in aneat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize. Ability to manage multipletasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicatewith others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interofficenote) and to take complete and accurate messages.
System Skills: Ability to type and enter data at anentry level. Entry level understanding of applicable systems.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, Stateand Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), includingpolicy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
1.Ability to transport patients and equipment throughout Hospital (10% of time).
2.Ability to assist patients in exam room, may require lifting of patients.
3. Ability to lift and maneuverequipment (up to 50lbs). AGE-SPECIFIC GUIDELINES:
The individual in thisposition must demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the principals of growth anddevelopment over the life span of the patient. In addition, he/she must possessthe ability to assess patient data relative to the specific needs of thepatient and must provide care as described in the department's policies and/orproceduresQualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant Certification Program (or demonstrated knowledge of competencies required to perform essential functions of position).
- 1-2 years of prior clinical experience, preferably in an Ambulatory setting is required.
- May not currently hold a valid nursing license.
- Fluency in a second language preferred (English/Spanish)
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.