This job has expired.
Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma - Oklahoma City, OK - 2pm-12:30am Monday-Friday
Perform routine and complex blood bank testing according to Blood Bank SOPs.Organize workflow to accomplish efficient and accurate reports in a timely manner.Problem-solve to achieve acceptable test results by following standard operating procedures.Must be a team player and collaborate with other technologists, supervisors, and hospital staff.Must be able to work independently.Perform QC/QA duties in Blood Bank as required by the Blood Bank SOPsPerform quality control on Blood Bank equipment as outlined in SOPs and the Blood Bank QC calendar. (Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, and as needed)Monitor reagentinventory, ensure reagent QC is performed and acceptable prior to use ofreagents for testing.
Required Knowledge: Must have thorough knowledge of Blood Bank theoryand processes that are carried out in a busy Transfusion ServiceDepartment. Must have the ability to usevarious computer systems.
Required Experience: 3-5 years BloodBank/Transfusion Service experience performing routine and complex testingwithin a hospital setting preferred.
Special Requirement: MT(ASCP)/CLT(ASCP) orCLS(ASCP)/MLT(ASCP) required.
Must be able to maintain a professional attitude under heavy workload and in stressful situations. Must be able to perform testing and other Blood Bank responsibilities as well as various QC/QA duties under heavy workload and in stressful situations. Show up for work, on time and prepared to perform all tasks and processes each and every scheduled workday and remain performing those duties throughout the entire assigned work schedule.Perform all tasks and processes assigned by immediate supervisor including all tasks and processes you are fully qualified to perform and all tasks and processes that you may be overqualified to perform. Perform job duties as a collaborative member of the team with positive personal disposition that is supportive of team members.Weekend and holiday rotations required.Must be willing towork overtime or other times/shifts if required.
Quest Diagnostics JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search
• MT/CLS - Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public Microbiologist
• MT/CLS - Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological, Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)
• MT/CLS - Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist, Immunochemical, Assay Validation - ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
• MT/CLS - Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology , Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical Science
• MT/CLS - Toxicology or PDM - Toxicology, Pain, Pain Management, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS
Posted 16 minutes ago
Posted 16 minutes ago
Posted 16 minutes ago