S&B is a full-service Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Fabrication company that has been privately owned and operated for more than 50 years. S&B projects span multiple industries including Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Energy Transition, Power and Pulp & Paper. We have a strong reputation for completing projects safely, on time and under budget and our company culture is second to none. We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and hybrid work schedules.
S&B is actively searching for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX. The Lead Mechanical Engineer independently performs Mechanical Design activities for all phases of mechanical development and equipment design for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., continuing services project involving a single design discipline). Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Mechanical or Piping Design and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design criteria, methods and procedures. Assignments have objectives requiring the investigation of a number of variables.
May provide limited technical guidance for less experienced drafting or design personnel.
Requires high school diploma and normally requires a four-year degree.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years experience in Mechanical or Piping Design or related functional area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). This includes considerable experience in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with clients' technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to client and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of PFD's and P&ID's.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications and contract proposals.
- Participates in plant Start-ups.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, managers, designers and engineers.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site. This requires normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.WORK ENVIRONMENT
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally may visit or be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
This job has expired.