Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world's cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what's possible. And we rely on our core values - ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence - to create steel products and services to solve the world's toughest challenges.
This is a position for a four-year Mechanical Maintainer Apprenticeship, with the potential to continued employment as a Mechanical Maintainer after the apprenticeship is completed. This entry level maintenance position will be assigned to one of our three Steel facilities in Stark County, Ohio (Gambrinus, Harrison or Faircrest Steel plants). Employees in this position are responsible for performing a variety of maintenance and educational tasks including, but not limited to, classroom study, on the job training, and assisting journeymen in completion of mechanical maintenance tasks. Employees in this position are responsible for but not limited to the following:
Minimum requirements include:
- Receive and execute work assignment, using instructions, drawings and sketches for diagnosis, repair, of steel mill related equipment.
- Utilizing preventative/predictive maintenance techniques to maintain equipment reliability and eliminate equipment break downs.
- Work in the field or shop area as required
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Ability to cut, burn, weld and braze metals
- Utilizes the computerized maintenance management system as necessary to aid in performing predictive, preventive and repair tasks.
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
- Troubleshoots, dismantles, cleans, inspects, rebuilds, repairs, replaces, installs, assembles, adjust, aligns, and lubricates mechanical devices.
- Operates overhead electric crane and mobile equipment to lift and transport materials
- Operates heavy mobile equipment
- Performs miscellaneous work such as filling out standard forms, lubricating equipment, rigging parts & equipment for movement or lifting, and keeping tools, equipment and work area clean and orderly.
Preferred experience includes:
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems in the plant and take corrective action.
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems
- The ability to learn quickly, follow instructions and work safely with minimal direction.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with others (giving and receiving direction) and work independently and unsupervised as required.
- High School diploma or GED with one year experience in electrical maintenance and/or electrical construction or current TimkenSteel manufacturing production employee in good standing
- Associates degree in a technically related program such as Mechanical Engineering technology; Mechanical service technology, etc.
- Familiarity with Mechanical and Hydraulic drawings or schematics
- Knowledge of rigging techniques
- Welding, pipefitting and Iron work.
- Candidate has a current and valid driver's license
- Ability to work at heights of 50 feet up to 100 feet
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 75 pounds at one time, multiple times weekly
- Ability to operate cranes, trucks or motor vehicles
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.