Under the supervision of the Production and Logistics Supervisor, the Material Handler is responsible for multiple tasks that ultimately provide good manufacturing practices and on time delivery to the customer: the day to day staging of raw materials to the production line. Unloading inbound raw materials as needed, transferring finished goods to shipping, and entering all information and transactions into the computer accurately. General warehouse duties.
This position will work night shift with a schedule that runs 8:00 pm - 8:00 am; on a rotating 7-day schedule. Some overtime and/ or weekend work may be necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Stage raw materials and enter transaction in the SAP.
• Return unused raw materials and enter transaction in SAP.
• Transfer finished goods from production to shipping warehouse by driving tow motor.
• Assist if needed on inbound trucks.
• Assist if needed to pull orders for outbound shipments and load outbound trucks.
• Assist in railyard (loading raw material silos, bulk shipments, etc.).
• Keep work areas safe, clean, and organized
• Reliability is essential for handling job responsibilities and providing quality customer service; therefore, good attendance and productivity are essential job requirements for this position.
• Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
• Conform to safe work practices and compliant to corporate safety program
• Maintains and promotes a clean work environment ensuring that there are no pellets or debris on the floor
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/G.E.D. or equivalent.
• Minimum of one year forklift driving experience.
• Minimum of (2) years general warehousing experience.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Must be able to stand on feet for 12 hours and lift up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day during a shift.
• Must have basic math and computer skills.
• Maintain good attendance habits.
• Properly follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
• The ability to multitask.
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to work in an inside and outside environment that is not temperature controlled; very warm temperatures in the summer months and very cold temperatures in the winter months
• Requires (Near/Far/Color/Depth) vision to drive forklift, identify hazardous material warning labels, work on computer and identify box labels.
• Requires tolerance of seated posture up to 12 hrs.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company's products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
*By registering with our site, you agree to our