Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
Under general supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products in manufacturing areas according to established guidelines. Provides information for recording movement of incoming and outgoing materials and supplies. May operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment. May provide guidance to lower level material handlers.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in shipping and receiving, loading and unloading trucks.
- Verifies material counts against supplier packing lists for accuracy.
- Consolidates material onto pallets or group items together in back lot.
- Load pallets in rack locations with forklift.
- Verify & record inventory counts by rack location.
- Data entry of material receipts into the computer.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Minimum of one-year experience operating a forklift.
- Shipping and Receiving experience preferred.
- ERP Experience is a plus
- Attention to detail, self-starter.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Two to four years of experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug screen
- HS Diploma or GED