Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience RequirementsEducation
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material or equipment problems to minimize down time and improve yields.
- Escalate issues/problems real-time to Engineering/Management if they cannot be resolved quickly.
- Identify, design, and implement process equipment, tooling, and fixture changes to improve reliability of the process.
- Revise existing documents, processes, and/or methods to correct or improve processes/product.
- Work with vendors/suppliers to procure and install tooling, fixtures, and/or equipment.
- Assist in Continuous Improvement (CI), DMAIC and other projects, implementing new equipment or processes or improving existing ones for cost savings.
- Collect data and perform statistical analysis for process characterization, Ppk, and scrap reduction goals.
- Work with NPI team/MEs to bring new products into production.
- Work with departmental customers to improve material quality and delivery.
- Train and provide technical support or direction to product builders and other technicians.
AA Degree. In lieu of degree requirement, may consider an additional 2 years of specific work-related experience.Experience
Requires a minimum of 3 years of related manufacturing experience. Previous MFG Tech role in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred
Previous LEAN experience preferredSkills and AbilitiesPreferred Skills and Abilities
Ability to demonstrate a record of excellent performance in meeting high standards of quality, quantity and dependability (attendance and punctuality)
Ability to work well with others, and ability to work well on teams
Dexterity and Attention Detail is a must Have
Medical Device (i.e. Catheter, Implantable) is a must
Working experience in a FDA or ISO regulated is a must
Working knowledge of Lean (Line balancing, 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Pull, Flow, Etc.)
Ability to sit frequently, stand, walk and bendWorking Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.