Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Final Inspection Technician in Manchester, CT.
The skill sets needed for this position are based on an aviation background, GD&T Principles and Practices, ISO 9001 & AS9100/9102 Quality Management Systems, and Lean Manufacturing Practices/Metrics/Reporting. This position ensures product conformity to establish requirements by evaluating product to customer and/or engineering drawings, specifications and related documents. The inspector conducts receiving, in-process and final product inspections, and documents results in various reports/logs in the Quality System Network. This position may also interface with Customers, Suppliers and /or Regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Performs inspections, as well as In-Process and Final inspections of parts and assemblies in accordance with applicable Engineering criteria, documents, drawings and workmanship standards.
- Performs inspections using Precision Measurement equipment/devices. .
- Coordinates calibration activities and maintain records of various tools, instruments and gauges used for Product acceptance or Verification/Validation.
- Ensures proper operation of measurement equipment by following operating instructions.
- Assists Engineering and Operations in the investigation of non-conformities.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by following guidelines and procedures, and complying with all applicable regulations.
- Assists contract review of customer orders ensuring adherence to all applicable specs and other flow downs
- Ensures proper documentation including fine print details on all product certifications
- Other Duties Assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years of aviation experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of inspection experience applying GD&T Principles and Practices.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality management systems; working knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements per AS9102
- Ability to discern colors with Vision Acuity of 20/20 (Correction allowed)
- Working Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices, Metrics and Reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, Specifically Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine acceptability of product(s) based on established criteria.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Extensive knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, surface plates, micrometers, height gauges, radius gages, bore gauges, and dial indictors. Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.