Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Manager, Interconnections and Grid Analysis will develop delivery solutions, including transmission solutions for the different utility-scale generation projects. The Manager, Interconnections and Grid Analysis will monitor transmission expansion plans, develop entrepreneurial transmission solutions and assist sales. The Manager, Interconnections and Grid Analysis will be responsible for Transmission/Interconnection functions of the company with various Utilities in WECC region, Independent System Operators (ISOs) and Regional Transmission Operators (RTOs) in Canada and USA.
- Act as a primary point of contact for all large-scale generation interconnection activities including:
- Perform power flow analysis as part of generation development activities.
- Review complex utility studies (feasibility, system impact, and facility) and utility expansion plans to identify potential opportunities.
- Act as primary interface for ISOs, RTOs and Transmission Service Providers.
- Support the Origination, Development, Regulatory, Asset Management, Commercial Analytics and Engineering teams in development and business strategies including:
- Participate in the negotiation of delivery agreements with utilities.
- Evaluate and support sales opportunities.
- Develop conceptual design of interconnection facilities and costs.
- Provide assistance during project design and construction for interconnection related issues.
- Interpret market rules as they apply to the interconnection study, construction, operation of generation projects.
- Provide assistance to trading in developing and implementing bidding and risk management strategies.
- Attend relevant ISO stakeholder and state regulatory meetings.
- Participate in various industry groups dealing with interconnection and market issues.
- Provide assistance with electricity market congestion issues
- Manage other Transmission staff members as needed
- Collaborate with other groups in the organization including Finance, Operations and Commercial Execution
- Assist with development of international projects as necessary
- Advise executive team and other senior management in key generation and transmission projects' decision-making process
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power systems.
- Seven or more years of experience in transmission system planning and operations including power flow, short circuit, and stability.
- ISO experience preferred
- Experience with cross functional project coordination
- Exhibit high level of individual initiative for developing innovative solutions and strategies
- Knowledge of FERC and NERC standards related to transmission and interconnections, including Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT).
- Knowledge of electricity market rules (day ahead, real time, capacity, ancillary services, etc.).
- Experienced in the use of power flow software such as PSS/E, PowerWorld or similar software package.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet modeling using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel required
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.