Job ID: 251526
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
The MIT program offers a pathway of learning multiple aspects of our business in preparation for internal leadership roles. The employee will report for assignments and travel according to the program schedule. The anticipated training period will typically last 12 -18 months. Upon successfully mastering the program's competencies, MITs will be reassigned to a business unit.
- Coach, guide and direct collaboration between all local and company departments to allow future focus and daily execution.
- Achieve the profitability targets of a Site by managing key metrics and costs relating to transportation, raw materials, labor, production planning and maintenance.
- Create a sustainable team that is accountable for safety, performance and developmental guidelines for talent management.
- Drive accountability of all direct reports by conducting periodic meetings and measuring results against the company's goals.
- Collaborate daily with the sales and customer service teams and deliver quality products on-time and ensure optimal customer experience.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Business, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Systems Engineering, Construction or equivalent
- Working previously in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Knowledge of material handling
- Preparedness to relocate to a specified location to receive a permanent assignment
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time within a designated region including some overnight stays (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Feb 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Job Segment:
Training, Engineer, Temporary, Manager, Systems Engineer, Operations, Engineering, Contract, Management