What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by...
- A demonstrated passion for working with people and developing leaders.
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition & retention.
- Proven capability training managers and associates.
- Value-added services including strategic and project management.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills.
- A general understanding of skilled trades/facilities maintenance and/or willingness to learn.
You will be successful if you...
- Manages administrative duties by researching and answering associate questions regarding general human resource issues; tracking associate attendance; maintaining associate personnel files; tracking, updating and coordinating reports related to human resources functions; and managing and coordinating distribution of reference materials.
- Ensures consistent execution of the company's human resource practices, systems, and personnel-related activities by auditing human resources practices; analyzing and interpreting reports; creating action plans to resolve instances of non-compliance; conducting observations and investigations; developing and delivering human resources methodology and process training programs; and providing human resources advice and consulting for managers.
- Manages human resource and business data analysis and management by collaborating with internal, cross-functional partners to identify, collect, and analyze data; conducting data analysis on cross-functional data; identifying and escalating risks and concerns; interpreting and summarizing data for reports and presentations; making data-driven recommendations; administrating and utilizing SharePoint and other collaborative tools; creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates; and maintaining information security and confidentiality.
- Manages business operations by establishing and monitoring timelines and resources for projects; tracking projects and initiatives; reporting project status to business unit leadership; completing audits and reporting results; following up on deliverables; developing and updating project scorecards; monitoring human resource processes and identifying improvement opportunities; filtering, addressing, and escalating associate concerns; mentoring and providing guidance to other assistants; and serving as technical coordinator.
- Manages compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures by keeping current on laws and
regulations related to general human resource practices, and regulations related to licensure and certification; implementing and monitoring human resource compliance; implementing action plans to improve performance and reduce instances of non-compliance; and directing the management teams in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders;
supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing
business processes and practices
- Become a Walmart culture champion
- Approach the role with a servant leadership mindset
- Utilize available information/data to drive decisions
- Understand the business strategy and align to that strategy
- Proactively engage in business initiatives as a thought partner
- Ensure HR compliance by providing clear guidance and conducting day to day HR functions
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related field and 4 years' experience in HR or related area OR 6 years' experience in HR or related area.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong communications, partnership, and organizational skills
- Excellent judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface with and influence senior executives
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/HealthAbout Northwest Arkansas
Walmart's global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
- NWA Location Video
- Bentonville Restaurant Guide - Food Network
- Visit Bentonville
- NWA Council Regions Rankings
- Walmart New Home Office - Corp Walmart
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 2 years' experience in human resources or related area OR 4 years'
experience in human resources or related area Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Project Management, Supervisory
Human Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification Primary Location...
2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America