Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Manager in the Transmission and HVDC Engineering team, you will be accountable for the engineering and commissioning of cutting-edge HVDC transmission projects to expand the reach of Invenergy generation facilities and improve nationwide renewable energy reliability.
You will be primarily responsible for managing HVDC converter station engineering to include conceptual layout and functionality, preliminary studies, detailed design and specifications, factory testing, installation, commissioning, and transition to Invenergy operations. You will have the opportunity to build your own team while encouraged to innovate and actively participate in the development of industry codes and standards to help distinguish Invenergy as an industry leader.
Along with developing your own team, you will be responsible for selecting engineering firms to provide owner engineering services such as preliminary studies and review of work performed by Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). The electrical system of these projects will include long-distant HVDC transmission links and associated converter stations. Some technical support may be requested on Invenergy offshore HVDC projects. The team you build and develop will be responsible for supporting other Invenergy teams such as development, and permitting by preparing conceptual designs, coordinating interconnection details, identifying, and providing solutions to critical project constraints.
- Engineering Manager and Team
- Build and develop a team of highly qualified transmission engineers
- Manage a team of staff engineers and project engineers by providing technical guidance, supporting project timelines, and by proactively addressing resource needs
- Provide technical training and training opportunities to engineering team
- Provide career development training and opportunities to engineering team
- Oversee technical and other project requirements that they are appropriately considered throughout project lifecycle
- Engineering Design Management
- Engineering Design Management
- Prepare conceptual one-lines for DC and AC systems along with cost estimates for CAPEX, project development, system reasoning, and input pertaining to technology, main circuit parameters and rating, and auxiliary functions
- Provide technical expertise and input to support wholistic project schedule, stake holder updates, and efforts related to project regulatory, public, or government affairs
- Track design schedules and ensure that critical dates related to HVDC engineering tasks are met on time
- Define the scope of all required electrical system studies and review results for accuracy and compliance
- Coordinate HVDC engineering activities from conceptual phase through final as-builts including hand off to operations with input into operations training
- Oversee the design, interface coordination and commissioning of HVDC transmission facilities including interconnections to generation and utilities
- Review calculations, detailed design, and report submittals for compliance to project specifications and interconnection requirements
- Procurement and Construction Support
- Develop and manage project specific engineering, equipment, and construction specifications
- Review competitive bids for owner procured electrical material. Support the purchasing of this equipment and manage suppliers throughout the engineering and commissioning process
- Review study reports, design drawings, equipment specifications, factory and field test plans, factory and field commissioning test reports including performing factory/equipment inspection and witness factory acceptance testing for major materials
- Monitor construction progress both remotely and via on-site inspections and support resolution of any field issues. Attend on-site meetings with electrical construction contractors and in person coordination meetings with interconnection utilities
- Manage execution of root cause analysis for troubleshooting any issues encountered in HVDC converter station and associated facilities during construction
- BS in Engineering (advanced degree in power systems, is a plus)
- 5 years or more of experience in HVDC industry
- Ability to concurrently coordinate and manage multiple projects with various teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills (peer reviewed published technical works is a plus)
- Membership of a recognized professional institution or society
- Working knowledge of Power Electronics, HVDC systems, FACTS, Protection and Control, SCADA, and associated equipment (valves and IGBTs, valve cooling system, reactors and capacitors, and converter transformers)
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards such as IEC, IEEE and CIGRE
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities with a focus achieving results
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% globally
- Current driver license
- Professional licensure or advanced degree
- Experience being involved in an HVDC converter station project from conceptual phase performing preliminary studies through commissioning and hand-off to operations
- Actively participating in standard committee(s) or working groups to improve and develop industry guidelines, technical brochures, and standards
- Familiar with development of interoperability of HVDC systems and equipment between vendors
Key Projects of note:
Grain Belt Express is an 800-mile, High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission line project that will originate near Dodge City, Kansas. This two-billion-dollar infrastructure investment will move renewable energy from where it is produced to markets that have a strong demand for low-cost, clean power (see https://www.grainbeltexpress.com/).
North Path Transmission, another High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission line project traversing east/west New Mexico and targeting to bring approximately 4,000 megawatts, enough to power approximately 2 million homes (see https://www.newmexiconorthpath.com/).Benefits
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.