Engineering and Main tenance Manager
Domtar Paper, the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated free-sheet paper in North America, has an opening for a n Engineering & Maintenance Manager in our Johnsonb urg, P A mill.
YOUR ROLE :
T he Engineering and Ma intenance Manager will be responsible for pr oviding strategic leadership to the Maintenance, Reliability, IT and Engineering Teams. As a member of the Mill leadership team you will be res ponsible for develo ping s trategies for improv ing plant asset reliability. Key role deliverables include , but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure the safe , efficient, and cost-effective management of the overall maintenance, engineering and reliability processes and acti vit i es to en sure maximum equipment reliability and assets preservation.
- Ensure all planned projects are implemented on time, on budget and meet the stated objective.
- Lead Prev entive, Predictive and R eliab le Manufacturing Processes which follow the O n e Do mt ar S ta ndards. Particip ate in the O ne Do mtar Rel iability Functional Team to supp ort continuous improvement of the One Domtar Stan dards.
- Lead and develop the Maintenance, Reliability & Engineering teams.
- Manage/control maintenance cost and capital project p ort f olio to a chi eve target results while ensuring budgets are prepared, met and variances explained with appropriate action taken as requ ired.
- Manage the Mill ' s CMMS opti miz ing spare part s / materials inventory and maintenance work to minimize u nplanned downtim e and operati ng cost as well as ensuring the MRO inventory meets proper Work ing Capit al standards as defined by Domtar.
- Lead the continuous improvement of key performance indicators to increase asset l i fe and department budg et cost effectiveness.
- Lead and p er form necessary ro ot cause analysis on asset failures and implement ide ntified actions to im prove man ufacturing reliability.
- Demonstrate success in leading change and driving improvement.
- Be accou ntable for all Mil l asset outcomes.
YOUR PRO FILE :
Minimu m Qualifications:
- 1 0 + years' experience leading an d improving maintenance a nd rel iability in a n industrial environment w here managing per sonnel, logistics, production, and workplace safet y were a requ irement.
- B a c h e lor ' s degree in Engineering with experie n ce successfully lead ing and developing a team of engineers.
- D emonstrated success implementing & optim izing re liability mainte nance systems and p rocess es .
- K nowl edge of electric al, m echanical , h ydraulic , p n eumatic and facilit y systems .
- Excellent leadership ski lls that include proven abil i ty to coach and develop team members to a highe r level of performance , ability to work in a team environment activ ely p romot ing collaboration, teamwork, and conflict resol ution .
- E xperienc e developing and manag ing budge ts to max imize asset reliability.
- De m ons trated planning, organizing and problem-solving skills with ability to man age mul tiple pri orities and projects concurrently .
- Com puter skills using Microsoft Word , Exce l, Po wer Point and O u tlook .
- Demonstrated e xperien ce with Root Cause Anal ysis tools.
- Exemplary commu nication skil ls, both written and oral , as well as highly de v eloped interpersonal skills.
P referred Qualifications :
- Experience in pulp and pa per industry.
- Kn owle dg e o f P roject Mana gement Best P ractices a nd Method ology.
- Use and knowledge of SAP 's Plant and Mat erials Manage ment.
- Experience working in a Union environment.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.