Job Title: Manager, Category Lead Natural Channel(Amplify Snack Brands)
Job Location: Austin, TX
*This position is open to 100% remote
Amplify Snack Brands, a division of Hershey, is a high growth "permissible" snack brand company based in Austin, Texas. The company produces guilt-free snacking products and prides itself on having products that taste great with simple ingredients. Our brands, SkinnyPop, Pirate's Booty, & Paqui embody our mission of "snacking without compromise." For additional information, please visit: https://careers.amplifysnacks.com/
The Natural Channel Category Lead supports the Natural Sales Team and our retail partners by delivering actionable category and shopper insights that elevate partnerships and increase sales. The Category Lead will support the full Amplify and Hershey Natural business, inclusive of Salty Snacks, Confection, and Baking. Key to role is analyzing broader market trends, identifying top assortment and merchandising opportunities, translating into compelling selling stories, and supporting customer presentations as needed.
- Leverage syndicated data, consumer data, customer data and Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, etc. to mine and aggregate large amounts of data to identify national trends as well as integrate regional or customer insights
- Understand retailer & category sales trends to isolate potential growth opportunities for the category and for Amplify/Hershey; translating insight into action
- Support strategies to determine the ideal distribution and shelving of Amplify Snacks and Hershey products within the Natural Channel to maximize visibility and drive overall category growth
- Lead analytics and data rich insights on space metrics to arm salesforce to secure fair share of shelf with retailers
- Liaise with Marketing & Sales Planning teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product categories
- Build independent relationships with customers and key category decision makers; collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to build action plans to drive profitable market share growth
- Create and customize selling stories for retailers to meet most critical Sales and Category objectives
- Develop overall snacking sales, consumer and shopper insights that position Amplify Snacks and Hershey as a leading partner for our retailers, and that clearly articulate the company vision of Snacking without Compromise
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Finance or related field required
- Strong knowledge of syndicated data, customer data and Category Management processes.
- Robust experience with data mining and exposure to third party data including Nielsen or IRI, SPINs, 84.51, CMS/EYC, etc.=
- Excellent knowledge and understanding on drivers of category growth.
- Strong experience with story creation, leveraging data to create meaningful insights, and an action-biased approach to category management
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional planning, time/project management, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, exceptional Excel skill set.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams including 3rd Party/Broker team members
- Self-starter/learner with exceptional ability to develop innovative processes and consistently deliver results with high accountability.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced and changing environments.
- Desire to work cross-functionally with a high degree of positive intent
- Preferred candidate will have 3-5+ years CPG Category Management or Sales experience.
- Experience in Category Management specific to the Natural Channel
- Knowledge of Alteryx and/or PowerBI
- Exposure to JDA space planning software
Amplify Snack Brands, a division of The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of Amplify Snack Brands is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Amplify Snack Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).