CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
The Benefits Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a multi-state, comprehensive employee Health and Welfare benefits program to meet employee needs and align with business objectives. This position contributes to the planning, development and administration of employee benefits programs, as well as ensures all plans, programs and processes comply with applicable governmental laws and regulations.
This position will be responsible to:
- Manages health insurance plans, life insurance, COBRA, EAP and all voluntary plans for all entities within the Company's control group, which includes identifying and resolving issues, maintaining accurate records, ensuring appropriate deductions are applied, reconciling invoices, and running audit reports to capture discrepancies
- Participates in general and industry benefits surveys. Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing benefit plans, surveys, and other sources of information in order to make recommendations to management
- Participates in annual benefits renewal process
- Develop and execute comprehensive communication strategies and programs to foster employee understanding, better consumerism and appreciation of the value of all company sponsored benefit programs and services
- Manages the open enrollment process, create employee communication, review and update HRMS system with new rates and benefits when appropriate
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments for new hires and life events
- Develop benefits information and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Administers 401k plan(s) to include reporting, responding to employee questions, completing annual discrimination testing, coordinate/distribute annual required reports and review 5500 filings
- Oversees retirement savings plans for all entities within the Company's control group
- Performs regular audits to ensure participant and employer contributions are accurate
- Regularly reviews PSW error reports to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Works closely with pension administration vendor to ensure participant payments are processed timely
- Ensures company compliance with ERISA laws. Work with broker/vendors in preparation of 5500 reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal/state agencies
- Assures compliance with legal requirements associated with ADA, FMLA, COBRA, and participant communications
- Maintenance of benefits & HIPAA records, including enrollments, applications, and other records required for all benefit plans
- Responsible for ACA management and compliance, as well as auditing Forms 1094 and 1095 for all covered entities to ensure IRS deadlines for distribution and filing are met
- Prepare and file OSHA reports
- Provide leadership and direction to the benefits team. Oversee and coordinate all functions of the employee benefits operation by maintaining a service-oriented relationship with our benefit vendors, management, HR team, and all associates.
- Manage current leave programs and create new leave programs as needed. Oversee administration of Family Medical Leave program and work with third party leave administration vendor. Assist in the develop of policies and procedures.
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in the area of benefits administration.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience required.
- Advanced understanding of employer benefit programs and processes
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing benefits and compensation including ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, Section 125, COBRA, ADA, FMLA and FLSA
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization, coaching, interpersonal and influencing skills. Adjusts message to fit audience; Commands attention and conveys messages with desired effect.
- Demonstrates initiative and sound judgment. Establishes priorities and can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice-to-do and the trivial.
- Responds with a sense of urgency; excellent follow through skills.
- Excellent analytical and assessment skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and government laws.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality and professionally handles sensitive situations.
- Must be able to work effectively and develop professional relationships and credibility at all levels of the organization. Delivers negative feedback without hesitation; Confronts and works through conflicts; Ability to overcome crises; Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Anticipates obstacles and adapts strategies accordingly; Sensitive to people and organizational needs; Knows how to get things done within the organization; Able to maneuver through complex situations effectively.
- Ability to lead a team, organize work and stay on task to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Preferred: Any of the following Professional Certifications - PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, CCP, CEBS
Come along on CMA CGM's adventure
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.