Job ID: 239584
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Education / Professional Experience
- Managment Trainee will train with a quarry manager in the Capital Region
- Assures quarry's production levels are maintained safely to schedule.
- Closely monitors all areas of production to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Assists staff on site in responding to any technical or staffing issues that arise.
- Alters production in accordance with materials required.
- Assist the quarry manager with the production process by setting and monitoring performance targets
- Maintains up-to-date records to include inventory, inspection systems, checklists and financials.
- Keeps abreast of key government health, safety and environmental regulations assuring they are implemented throughout the Quarry.
- Conducts regular site inspections to assure compliance
- Assesses equipment, orders new materials as required, coordinates with internal and external maintenance to address plant and equipment readiness. Assures that all vehicles on site are maintained to good standard.
- Works with direct reports to establish development plans.
- Provides continuous coaching, constructive feedback and general work direction.
- Issues corrective action as necessary.
- Participates in succession planning.
- Provides training and development opportunities for staff.
Skills and Specifications
- Previous experience working in a Quarry.
- Previous work experience with a union shop is preferred.
- Previous use of a planned maintenance system needed.
- Experience with screens and crushers are required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with MSHA.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel.
- Ability to work a flexible shift which will include days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Must have strong leadership characteristics.
- Must be results driven.
- Must have high level of integrity and honesty.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Must be able to lead a diverse group of union employees.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Albany Job Segment:
Manager, Regional Manager, Management