Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Part time- 24 hours weekly. Sat, Sun, Mon
To ensure guest satisfaction and safety by providing efficient and courteous servicing of guest requests; maintain guest service and public areas in good repair. Ensure maximum resort profitability by wise and efficient use of equipment, tools, and supplies. The Resort prides itself on the level of personalized service we provide. Therefore, we expect our staff to maintain a high level of integrity and service and to always attend to our guests' needs in a professional manner.
1. Display a pleasant, professional, and guest-oriented attitude at all times.
2. General knowledge of hand tools and small power tool use.
3. Maintain equipment used in a quality manner and use in an appropriate safe manner.
4. Be able to diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and determine a course of action in order to efficiently complete a task and restore it to working order.
5. Understand guests/guestrooms' security, privacy, and comfort.
6. Comply with resort and department codes, policies, procedures, and regulations.
7. Be willing to participate in team projects.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
- General upkeep, preventative maintenance, and minor repairs as needed to keep units in a like-new working condition, including but not limited to plumbing, painting, tiling, electrical, carpentry, and furnishings replacement.
- Exterior painting and repairs as needed to the parking lot, poolside area, buildings, and walkways.
- Preventative maintenance to equipment used housekeeping and maintenance.
- Upkeep of grounds and landscape.
- Organize and keep an inventory of stocked replacement items.
- Re-keys replace and repairs door locks as required.
- Replaces switches, plugs, circuit breakers and light fixtures, light bulbs and heating and air conditioning filters, fan belts on motors when needed.
- Oils and lubricates motors as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Participate in all required health and safety meetings/classes.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow all rules and regulations set forth in the latest employee handbook.
- Assist with any special projects as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience with basic plumbing & electric, pool maintenance, painting
Minimum Experience required:
- 2+ years in a related field
Typical Working Conditions:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
All weather conditions will be experienced. Environment may include exposure to fumes, chemicals, mold, and other possible allergens.Equipment Used:
Vacuums, mops, cleaning chemicals, brooms/dustpans, carts, dusters, knee protection, ladders, hammers, power tools, safety glasses/equipment, weedwhacker, power sprayerEssential Physical Tasks:
Physically able to walk/stand through an extensive facility, climb ladders as needed, work in extreme cold/heat as necessitated by local weather conditions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.