Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
017705 Maintenance Planner (Open)
Improve the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Planner acts as the liaison between Production, Converting, and Maintenance. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating all non-demand work performed. Also responsible for maintaining the Work Order System and documentation related to equipment history.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all aspects of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
- Plan, schedule and track needed parts, predictive maintenance readings, labor hours and work metrics with long term focus on increased reliability and increased productivity of the workforce.
- Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Effectively communicate with supervisors in the Production operational areas to ensure each area gets the needed maintenance service in a timely manner.
- Review the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work consulting with Leads, Supervisors, Originator, Production Supervisors and Stores as necessary.
- Obtain and organize all information and parts required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, sketches, drawings, notes or any instructional material for clarity. Information and parts to be referenced through the Computer Managed Maintenance Systems (CMMS) system.
- Update and identify missing procedures, additional parts, tool lists, lock out sheets or other improvements that need implementation before the work is assigned the next time.
- Communicate and manage the status of work control and backlog from submission to work order completion. Communicate daily and report backlog weekly.
- Support the maintenance and planning groups in the mill to improve shutdown efficiencies and reduce unplanned downtime.
- Provide labor and cost estimates based on historical labor, material and outside services.
- Function as part of the Maintenance Management team utilizing lean manufacturing tools to increase machine reliability utilizing CMMS, Pareto charts, Kaizen events, Autonomous Maintenance, FMEA and other lean manufacturing tools as directed.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy and all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Demonstrated the ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
- Mechanical background is required. Associate's degree or higher, apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable or minimum of 6 years of direct maintenance work experience.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good math skills and computer skills including Excel and CMMS.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings with the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling, and storeroom processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects and keep them progressing to completion.
- Ability to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job and must be able to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.