Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a working supervisor, see to the regular maintenance of entire property so the Resort operation runs as smoothly and safely as possible. Establish safety program. Be alert to owner and guest needs and how to help make their stay at the Resort the best possible experience.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervise all Grounds and Building Maintenance staff including work schedules and timesheets: skills and standards training; ensure OSHA safety standards and requirements are met.
- Set example for co-workers of the work ethic expected.
- Serve as liaison between the resort and any subcontractors pertaining to resort maintenance
- Maintain open and good communication with other departments to insure guests and owners the best possible experience
- Be aware of arrival and departure information and sheets.
- Be aware of resort and individual unit physical conditions.
- Coordinate with Human Resources in staff hiring, evaluating, disciplining and terminating procedures
- Train employees in job duties and safety mannerisms.
- Performs technical skills in area of expertise as required.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing detailed reports on failures, causes and recommended remedial action.
- Makes sure that all equipment and tools are maintained in a clean and workable condition.
- Schedules labor and order materials required for maintenance repairs
- Preparation and implementation of annual Building, Grounds and interior of IOA units budget
- Review department schedules for productivity and inspect work for completion on a routine basis.
- Coordinate with General Manager in preparing and implementing Safety Program and Emergency Procedures for guests and employees during normal operations or in the event of natural or man-made disasters
- Coordinate work order systems and maintain calendar checklists
- Supervise energy savings program; water and sewage quality
- Maintain parts and materials inventory; supervise purchase of all supplies and equipment related to Engineering and Grounds
- Maintain files on architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings and on manufacturers' data for machinery and equipment, building and grounds as well as maintaining MSDS on all chemicals.
- Other duties as may be requested by the General Manager
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Know and understand Resort policies and procedures in entirety
- Know and understand all job positions of departments you are supervising.
- Ability to organize a number of projects at one time.
- Ability to take charge in an emergency situation.
- Able to sustain high stress situations
- Constantly strives to expand his/her knowledge and abilities through assistance to and instruction from others
- Prioritize maintenance projects with General Manager: responsible for all resort vehicle and equipment maintenance and for preventative maintenance on all resort facilities including regular inspections of interior and exterior of buildings, machinery and equipment
- Take leadership role in maintaining resort grooming standards
- Promotes maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience required:
- 5+ years
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Leadership skills
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.