US Wire Group is the parent of three independent companies (five manufacturing facilities) which produce steel wire and cable/wire related products that serve many industries. The independent business model fosters entrepreneurship and growth and allows professional development at all levels. US Wire Group is part of the Metals Processing Group and wholly owned by The Heico Companies, LLC.
Our philosophy of developing a close customer contact to provide prompt, responsive service and to meet our customer's changing needs allows us to be leaders within our respective industries. Products are marketed domestically through a direct sales force, manufacturer's representatives and an established network of independent distributors. Our company is diverse and has a solid management base, product/market niches and efficient manufacturing capabilities.
$1500 Signing Bonus (paid in two increments: $750 at 90days or qualified, and $750 at 6 months after qualified)
This position is responsible for fabricating replacement and new parts for facility machinery. In conjunction with electricians, mechanics, operators, and supervision investigate and diagnose equipment failure and develop/implement corrective action.
- Using blueprints, sketches, and machine parts manufactures replacement and expendable components as needed to support production.
- Defines and/or manufactures tooling, fixtures, jigs as required to support manufacture of replacement parts and expendable components.
- Defines and maintains document database to support manufacture of replacement parts and expendable components. Including inspection and out sourcing specifications.
- Defines and maintains material and machine tool inventory required to support manufacture of replacement parts and expendable components.
- Must be able to operate:
- Bridgeport mill
- Horizontal mill
- Vertical mill
- Vertical turret lathe (Bullard)
- Surface grinder
- Radial arm drill.
- Electric and pneumatic tools.
- Secure and complete required department work order documentation
- Occasionally dismantle machinery or equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Inspect used or worn parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjust functional parts of machines, equipment and control instruments.
- Assists mechanics with repairing or replacing defective parts
- Set up rigging for moving or handling equipment or heavy parts
- Design, fabricate, and install new and replacement equipment or components
- Take, monitor, and document observations, settings, readings, meters, gauges as required.
- Maintains required housekeeping in and around general work area.
- Observes all safety rules and safety procedures.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older due to work environment and labor laws
- Must be able to pass preemployment background, drug/alcohol, and physical screenings
- Must be able to understand various tags and labels used in the mill,
- Must be able to work independently, as a team, and be able to work with both internal and external customers
- Working understanding and comprehension of Geometry, Trigonometry, Logarithms, as well as tolerances and general fit and function.
- Must be able to pass a craft test
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve
- Some computer knowledge
- Available to work overtime and shift schedule of 12 days on 2 days off
- Must join Union upon completion of 30 days of employment
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States of America
- Must be able to use portable welder, scale, printer, bolt cutters, wire cutters, micrometer, banders, pliers, and various other hand tools.
This job has expired.
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment around metals
- Sight - hand and eye coordination, depth perception needed to work and perform repairs on equipment
- Hearing - must be able to hear others and warning sounds of forklift and other heavy machinery
- Speech - must be able to communicate effectively with others while working
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods - frequent to constant
- Must be able to squat, stoop, twist, climb, crawl, reach, grasp, and fine manipulation, bend, operate foot controls, and work above shoulders occasional to constant
- Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack, and overhead crane
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on and occasional basis, and 25 to 75 pounds on a frequent basis