Job Title: Machinist - Horizontal Mill Operator
Manager Title: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Fecon LLC is a vegetation management equipment manufacturer located in Lebanon, Ohio near Kings Island Amusement Park. FECON is known for having very high-quality products and a team culture - and we are growing! We design, build, test, sell and service our equipment consisting of products such as our well-known "Bull Hog" mulchers, the Stump Ex, our high-quality FTX tractors of varying horsepower, as well as many other attachments. We offer competitive wages, full health care benefits and a continuous learning culture for those who want to grow with the company.
As a CNC Horizontal Mill Operator with FECON, you will be responsible for setting up and completing machining jobs in a production shop environment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Work with the Plant Manager, Supervisor, and Lead Machinist to prioritize jobs for completion.
- Set up and run manual mill and lathe occasionally.
- Review traveler packet and drawings
- Use material handling equipment to prepare material for machining and stage material when complete.
- Set up the job.
- Load and locate the first piece.
- Assemble and set tools.
- Prove out set-ups when needed.
- Run the program.
- Check the first piece using calipers and other measuring instruments.
- Run remaining pieces and check for burrs.
- Clean and deburr parts as needed.
- Properly dispose of scrap material.
- Complete required paperwork and maintain equipment.
- Monitor and top off coolant and lubricating oil as needed.
- Replace machine air filters.
- Perform preventative maintenance on CNC equipment as recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in other departments as needed, including assembly, and performing preventative maintenance on other equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the work area.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and otherwise work in a safe manner.
Benefit and Company Information:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent and formal or on-the-job training in CNC machining.
- Proficient in setting up and operating horizontal mills with Mazak/Haas/Fanuc controls.
- Proficient with Mazak controls preferred.
- Familiar with machine shop processes and procedures.
- Familiar with quality instruments and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k Participation
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Compensation based on experience.
- This position is hourly, non-exempt.
- This is a first shift position. Hours for the position are 7:30a - 4:00p, Monday - Friday.