Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking Machine Operators in its Chicago, IL facility.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent, at least 6 months of experience in a production environment and the ability to work in a deadline, drive, fast-paced environment.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401k, ESPP, PTO and Company paid holidays.
Under general supervision, operates automatic hand-fed or web envelope folding machines to produce finished product in a team environment. Inspects quality of envelopes and reports variances to adjusters or supervisor. Checks current production orders/schedules to determine daily production requirements and packs the required envelopes accordingly. May provide training and assistance to lesser skilled operators.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Receives production order (pocket) and determines that adequate cartons/boxes have been placed at line.
* Notifies material handler if additional cartons are needed for the packing run.
* Feeds blanks into machine; visually inspects product for defects and reports defects to machine adjuster immediately.
* Shuts off machine if line jams; clears minor jams or calls machine adjuster.
* Packs items in designated boxes and cartons (style and size) per customer order.
* Places identification labels on cartons.
* Reports production on production report.
* Reports to folding machine adjuster or supervisor any malfunction of assigned equipment or any major incidence of defective product or packing materials.
* May train new machine operators.
* May be required to do rework on finished product.
* May be required to work on auxiliary equipment (punch, drill, etc.).
* May act as utility person for breaks/meals.
* Sweeps and cleans up work area during and at the end of shift.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
* May act as material handler in moving skids or making cartons when line is down.
* Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
* Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
* Ability to step up, reach overhead, and manually feed blanks into machine.
* Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and reaching.
* Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
* Manual dexterity required to grasp objects; exposure to arm and wrist fatigue.
* Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer