Have you ever considered all of the technology and talent that goes into producing a gift card or a hotel key card? Maybe you should!
Let's talk about all of the expertise involved in delivering functional print products to the world's most recognized and respected brands -- and where you might fit in.
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift, and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
The primary responsibilities of the General Operator 1 are to operate a minimum of 3 key machines in the production process. Responsibilities are primarily general machine operation, troubleshooting, and daily maintenance. This position will clean and prepare work areas and machines for the next shift at the end of the shift.
- Safely operate assigned equipment.
- Complete, review, and submit the first article for approval.
- Read, understand, and follow job instructions (job ticket and machine operation).
- Ability to efficiently operate various machines in specific work areas including consistently meeting or exceeding daily production goals.
- Ability to assist/train in daily activities to include setups and basic machine maintenance.
- Complete setups with minor assistance and direction.
- Troubleshoot and correct minor machine issues while maintaining quality production throughout the shift.
- Perform necessary in-process quality checks to ensure output is consistent with quality standards.
- Be flexible to work alternate areas & schedules to meet customer demands rush or urgent requests and during peak periods without prior notice.
- Follow standard processes and procedures established and assigned by Operations Lead.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment and workspaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.