Role: Lube Technician
Location: Wilder, KY
Reports to: Robert Cory Price/ David Kramer
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. With one of the most modern and extensive fleets of portable cranes in the world, Maxim Crane can supply you with equipment with a range of capacities. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services, including transportation, risk management, safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry. With our expansive resources, we are a one-stop shop for your project needs.
The Lube Technician will be responsible for changing oil in vehicles, checking the transmission fluid and other fluid levels, inspecting various belts and filters, and checking air levels and gauges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Learn and understand proper use of safety equipment
* Learn safe operating procedures for all shop equipment and tools
* Learn and understand the proper care, use and storage of Chemicals and Hazardous Materials
* Understand procedures to open and close the shop
* Understand use of cleaning equipment
* Learn and understand Light Vehicle and Service Truck operation and maintenance
* Learn and understand the basic duties of shop personnel
* Shop and equipment cleaning
* Preventative maintenance
* Corrective maintenance
* Equipment recordkeeping
* Oil sampling and processing
* Introduction to crane and support equipment preventative and corrective maintenance
* Knowledge: General lubrication and preventative maintenance procedures
* Skills: Working well with others. To commit fact and technique to memory. Execute tasks in time allotted.
* Abilities: To listen to instruction, and complete tasks as directed. To understand simple mechanical concepts.
Certifications and Education
* High-school diploma or GED
* 2-3 Years minimal experience required
* Heavy equipment experiences preferred
* Technical school enrollment or equivalent
* Valid state driver's license
* This position requires working at a federal jobsite in which employees must be fully COVID19 Vaccinated.
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and chemicals.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted 14 minutes ago
Posted 14 minutes ago