Responsible for managing Lockbox Processing Team's day to day operations and staff, and lead projects including system and process enhancements. Assist in the business unit's compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements, and company policies and procedures. Managerial experience and a proven record of process improvement and operational efficiency are essential skills for success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Manages team handling a high volume of check processing in a secure environment by providing appropriate direction, coordinating division activities, monitoring employee and division performance, and formulating and implementing action plans
- Establish goals for the unit in accordance with and in support of company, division, and department objectives
- Lead integration efforts as new business units are migrated into the enterprise's technology platforms
- Interact with senior leadership, IT, accounting, treasury, and operations to solve problems and drive strategic direction of business
- Determine and establish work priorities and schedules; monitor unit's performance to ensure that department objectives and customer service level agreements are achieved via monthly business reviews
- Develop and maintain business continuity and disaster preparedness plans for the assigned unit
- Assist with design, testing, and implementation of system upgrades as necessary
- Manage relationships with third party hardware and software providers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience.
- 6+ years of Accounts Receivable operations experience
- 4+ years of lead/supervisory experience in a high volume operations environment
- Must be knowledgeable of general accounting principles and practices, budgeting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Works independently with little supervision
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.