Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Provide animal and research technical support services in a laboratory and vivarium environment
- Ability to follow and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with laboratory procedures and study protocols.
- Perform study related activities including record keeping, data acquisition and analysis, sample handling and preparation, clinical observations, dosing, animal handling and necropsy.
- Proficient with laboratory techniques (i.e. pipetting) and data management including computer skills (i.e. excel, word)
- Provides communication with and assistance to researcher, technicians, and manager.
- Rodent and small animal experience:
- Must have knowledge, comfort, and competence working with in a research setting
- *Preferably dosing (IV, SQ, IM) and blood sampling
- Working knowledge of animal behaviors
- Competence analyzing data and ability to recognize normal or invalid output
- Understands the biomedical necessity of laboratory animal research and endpoints.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician Degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated math and reading comprehension required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to develop and maintain effective trust and working relationship with client.
- Availability for weekend work (every other weekend)
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, including every-other-weekend.Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
- Work environment: this position works in animal research facilities handling research animals and may be exposed to animal wastes, chemicals, and biologics. Work will be conducted in lab, office, and animal housing facilities.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require prolonged periods of standing, stooping, and physical demands.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays