What's the role?
We are seeking an outgoing, experienced administrative assistant for our global legal team, who enjoys learning and working in new legal technology while supporting a cross section of our legal team. The role will primarily support our VP-Legal, Capital Markets and generally support the Chicago Legal team but will be responsible for certain global functions and will work alongside our global team on a daily basis. We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team in January 2022.
Specific Administrative Assistant Duties and Responsibilities Corporate Entity Compliance
- Organize team information in tools, such as Confluence and SharePoint.
- Coordinate meetings, take minutes during meetings, and following up action points.
- Assist in the coordination of team events and communications efficiently, on time, within budget and to a high standard of quality. These activities would include handling interfaces to service providers, e.g. facility, security and catering.
- Maintain, arrange and proactively prioritize group meeting calendars, coordinate travel arrangements and travel expense submissions for supported team members.
- Support for in-person meetings.
- Coordinate and arrange internal and external meetings, including meeting room reservations and catering for the Chicago team.
- Organize, prioritize, and appropriately handle time-sensitive information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and handle correspondence with internal and external stakeholders, including managing official mail served on the legal department.
Contracts Management Database (HCM):
- Support the team with the execution of corporate documents and filing compliance.
- Secure manual signatures and apostilles of legal documents.
- Track process of corporate documents for our Corporate legal team in the Netherlands.
- Assist in agency filing for U.S. state corporate entities.
Billing Administration :
- Work with the global team to support the HCM tool.
- Respond to requests for support from company users.
- Escalate support requests to vendor, as necessary, and follow through to resolution.
- Participate in weekly status meetings with HCM support teams, both internal and external (vendor).
- Maintain and contribute to Knowledge Base for "how to" solutions.
Assist with outside counsel management by:
- managing budgeting and scope of work against POs;
- liaising with attorneys and our lead billing administrator to submit purchase requests;
- reviewing invoices for accurate information (PO#, matter identification, remaining budget, adherence to outside counsel billing guidelines);
- responding to billing-related questions; and
- working with Accounts Payable to assure vendor invoice payment.
Who are you?
- 4 years of related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years of experience working with senior level managers, department heads, executives, customers, vendors, and visitors.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Webex) and other software as required by division (Confluence and/or SharePoint a plus).
- Experience with contract management systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with Legal Billing Tool (Legal Tracker) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (fluency in English required; other languages a bonus).
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, team-orientated philosophy.
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience to work in a multicultural, international environment.
- Flexibility, agility and a good sense of perspective.
- Ability to operate with self-initiative in ambiguous/dynamic situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as senior management, peers, and vendors.
- Experience adhering to strict confidentiality standards while displaying high levels of integrity and discretion.
- Experience prioritizing in complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining commitments to deadlines, and ability to deal with several topics simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to build a strong internal network.
- Ability to stay friendly and open minded even under time pressure.
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural, multi-geographic work environment.
- Excited to meet challenges of learning every day and not afraid to suggest solutions.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes - from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people's lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video