American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Leave Administrator interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). This role ensures that the workers' compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers' compensation laws. This position serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers' compensation programs. In addition, controls all administrative aspects of the cases and claims and coordinates investigations into all reported workers' compensation claims. In addition, this role performs other Human Resources functions such as processing terminations, employee file maintenance, exit interviews and other HR duties.
- Manages the leave of absence process; provides information to employees advising of the process and procedures to request or initiate a leave of absence; forwards requests for leaves of absences for FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA and personal to the leave administration vendor (Liberty Mutual) for processing and decision-making; researches special cases; manages, monitors and audits all cases for accuracy and compliance.
- Processes terminations (termination paperwork, final paycheck, ServiceNow tickets, HRMS data entry); ensures coordination between payroll, the hiring manager, and appropriate parties.
- Facilitates the ADA interactive process; adheres to applicable state and federal laws, utilizing best practices and consistency through the organization.
- Manages the Incident/Injury Reporting process by furnishing incident reports; ensures that all reportable workers' compensation claims are submitted to the company's vendor within 48 business hours from the date of the incident; monitors claims management for injuries; further investigates and partners with management to resolve cases; maintains OSHA logs.
- Partners with Payroll to ensure that pay for associates is accurate and correct; works with the Benefits Service Center to calculate employee benefit premium payments; completes California State Disability (SDI) claim forms.
- Partners with Employee Relations to ensure unemployment claims are responded to in an accurate and timely manner; gathers required documents for submission; attends hearings both in person and via phone conference.
- Maintains the employee filing systems; ensures all electronic files are complete; ensures all files are current in accordance with legal requirements.
- Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Sends out exit survey requests to resigning employees; schedules exit survey meetings with terminating employees both in person and via telephone; data enters all meeting notes into Survey Monkey; tracks completion rates vis the term worksheet.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, HRMS, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in human resources with the following required:
- Leaves of absence
- ADA accommodations
- Workers' Compensation administration
- Presenting to large groups
- Unemployment claims
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of HIPAA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA, ADA, ADAAA, and other applicable legislation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle HCM Application preferred.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords:
talent management, people management, human resources, personnel, benefits administration, compliance, business administration, HRMS, workers' compensation administration, #LI-SC1
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.