Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to be based in our San Diego, CA office.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to design, develop and integrate software solutions to support DoD customers. The main role of the Lead Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and performant software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Lead Software Engineer responsibilities include working directly with customers to elicit user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Java and C++. The ideal candidate is familiar with the full software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Lead lab-based test and integration activities at IDT in San Diego, CA and on-site in customer labs in Southern California
- Lead feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- Lead a software development project using the GitFlow workflow or similar
- Interact technically with application customers at a variety of remote sites
- Produce technical documentation for customer review and feedback
- Conduct technical review presentations for customer review and feedback
- Configure network, server, and applications to create CI/CD pipelines for mixed-code code bases
- Develop build environments using remote repositories like Maven Central and NPM
- Deploy software to containerized environments using orchestrators like Kubernetes and
- Design new software enhancements and applications with UML primitives
- Minimum 5 years' experience in software engineering
- B.S. in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Ability to design software with UML primitives: sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and activity diagrams
- Understanding of relationship between design UML primitives
- Ability to learn any language
- Ability to work on-site in San Diego, CA facility and travel to customer sites 25% of the time
- Proficient with Unix and Linux operating system configuration such as network configuration, firewall configuration, service start/stop, route table modification, software installation
- Familiarity with package management software systems NPM, Maven, yum, apt-get
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, etc.) databases
- Proficiency working with distributed version control software systems like Git
- Proficiency designing complex software development environments including submodules, remote dependencies, and mixed-code deployments
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Security+, CISSP, GSEC or similar certification
- Basic familiarity with foundational networking concepts such as routing, switching, identity services, intrusion detection, and firewall
- Basic familiarity configuring network devices to include VLANs, access control lists, network addressing, and static routing
- Proficient deploying virtual machines in VMWare vSphere environments including networking configuration
- Familiarity with CANES, GCCS-M or Aegis system design is desired
- Familiarity with CANES, GCCS-M, or Aegis software is desired
- Good listening skills with customers and for technical requirements
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to help others navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Chief Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization, planning, and communication skills for developing and executing a plan of action
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to lead concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities, feeding back to engineering leadership
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.