Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Lead Resort Maintenance Technician to provide a full range of maintenance and repair services for one of our resorts.
As a Lead Resort Maintenance Technician you'll perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of Sun's resorts. You'll conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment and various utility systems. Additionally, you'll assist with higher level functions such as mentoring maintenance team members, maintaining maintenance and vehicle logs, prioritizing daily work, purchasing tools and maintaining accurate inventory, and capital expenditure projects.
- Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to rental homes, facilities, and streets.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of resort sites prior to/after guest occupancy.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured; regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services.
- Ensure resort is presentable and inviting at all times, and adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets; empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Clean resort amenities such as clubhouse, sport areas, resort offices, restrooms, laundry areas, bath houses, and maintenance garage.
- Maintain vacant sites including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it's working properly; repair as necessary.
- Assist manager in establishing and prioritizing daily work of maintenance team.
- Maintain vehicle/equipment maintenance logs and ensure proper maintenance of resort vehicles.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools and supplies; purchase equipment and supplies with manager approval as needed.
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other amenities to ensure good condition, making minor repairs as needed.
- Ensure all resort streets and public access routes are free of hazards.
- Maintain resort pool(s), test chemical levels and adjust appropriately, where applicable.
- Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
- Collaborate with manager to establish emergency maintenance on-call schedule.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous maintenance experience in a campground or RV resort, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- General knowledge of janitorial, plumbing, electrical and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
- Availability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours
At Sun Outdoors, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with multipleplan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Get paid daily with DailyPay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Job Reference: 118420
ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANCE If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. Nearest Major Market:
Myrtle Beach Nearest Secondary Market:
Florence Job Segment:
Housekeeping, Electrical, Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agronomy, Hospitality, Engineering, Agriculture
This job has expired.