Dragados USA is seeking a Lead Carpenter to currently support the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion project. The Lead Carpenter is responsible for taking a lead role in providing formwork construction for placement of concrete and assistance in other projects on the job. Hiring Immediately!
Principal/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using small hand tools to construct and set forms
- Assisting other coworkers in all necessary requirements to prepare for the placement of concrete
- Loading and unloading of equipment
- Interacting with sub contractors to provide required assistance on construction activities
- Ensuring that all work is being performed per contract documents, specifications, and provisions
- Ensuring that all OSHA and company safety requirements are implemented and used properly
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must have a minimum of5 years carpentry / woodworking experience within the area of bridges/structures.
- Minimum of high school diplomaor equivalent
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively
- Must demonstrate attention to details
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Rigging experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Attention To Detail
- Safety Principles
- Team Working
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.