Vista Gardens Memory Care, managed by Guest Services Senior Living, is now hiring a Laundry Attendant. Candidates must be service oriented, reliable, and motivated.
This position requires night, weekend, and holiday availability as well as the ability to work overtime. The Laundry Attendant will also be cross trained in housekeeping.
Pay for this positions starts at $14/hour!
Guest Services Senior Living offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, and more!
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the facility's linens and guests' laundry as directed.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Operate laundry machinery to clean and sanitize clothes and linens used by the facility and the facility's guests. Load and unload machinery. Work safely using detergents, bleach, and other cleaning solutions to clean articles following company safety standards.
- Fold and store facility's linens, towels, and uniforms.
- Iron guests' clothing and any other items as directed using hand iron or pressing machine.
- Maintain inventory controls.
- Clean laundry machinery, filters, and vents. Maintain clean and clear laundry work space. Report any unsafe issues to management.
- Sew and mend facility's linens as necessary.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Rolling cart.
- Industrial Washer and Dryer.
- Iron or pressing machine.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, vacuums, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.).
Guest Services Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.