Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client's mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska's Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Laborer - General
Performs general labor duties in support of various projects.
• Provides general labor support as the project requires.
• Cleans jobsite, hauls trash and handles material involving heavy lifting of construction materials.
• Operates a variety of hand and power tools as needed.
• Sets up and maintains job site safety equipment and fire extinguishers as required.
• Performs daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies.
• Other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• 6 months of commercial construction experience required.
• Experience working in safety equipment preferred (fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, insect protection, etc).
• Experience using power tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have a basic knowledge of construction materials to deliver required materials to tradesmen as needed.
• Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Current Driver's License preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and tools, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspects of construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
The work is located on or around construction sites.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted 6 minutes ago
Posted 6 minutes ago