SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Supervisor, Laboratory, CRS is responsible for the supervision of a team of technicians, chemists, and/or engineers who perform testing services to determine the performance, chemical, and/or physical composition of consumer products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the quality of work produced by the laboratory
- Ensure the laboratory deliver job result in the schedule as agreed with the client
- Encourage his / her staff's involvement in and commitment to the Company's quality program
- Ensure the conduct and completion of contracts in the laboratory to a high-quality standard, by the application of sound scientific methods and proper control procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that his / her work and that of his / her staff, is conducted in accordance with SOP
- Implement and supervise safe working methods within the Operating Area and inform and instruct staff of these
- To estimate and monitor the effort required on projects and respond promptly to deviations from estimate
- Prepare long term plans for the laboratory's activities and determine future areas of activity for the laboratory
- Ensure adequate facilities exist for the conduct of laboratory activities and purchase management
- For joint projects, ensure liaison with scientific personnel in other laboratories to ensure projects proceed in a satisfactory manner
- Set short term and long term objectives for his / her staff
- Build up a successful team and motivate his / her staff
- Keep abreast of the scientific literature relevant to the laboratory's activities
- Provide specialist advice, opinions, and information to other laboratories and to clients
- To undertake other such tasks as might reasonably be requested from time to time by his/her supervisor
- Ensure that laboratory information management system (ISO 17025) working availably and effectively, and continual improvement
- Responsible for laboratory Health Safety and Environment management
- For any construction and renovation that happens, lead and monitor the project progress
- To ensure laboratory infrastructureworking availably and repairing timely, estimate the services provider
- Support frontline staff on technical feasibility on ad-hoc requests for a chemical tests to be done locally or subcontract out.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RoHS: heavy metal, brominated flame retardant, phthalatePhthalates for plasticsEN 71-3 : heavy metal for coating and paintTotal heavy metal test and leachable heavy metal testASTM F963a and US CPSIAFood grade compliance per USA requirementREACH SVHCNickel release test and the quick screening spot testAzo dyestuffpHFormaldehyde for any matrices (eg. Textile, leather, plastics)Chromium 6 for any matrices (eg. Leather, metal, coating)Bisphenol A, bisphenol S, bisphenol FPFOS, PFOA, PFCAlkylphenol and alkylphenol epoxide
- University graduated in chemistry, applied sciences or relevant subject, B Sc or above
- Computer knowledge in Windows application -office, LIMS, and other programs
- Minimum 5years experiences in analytical testing with practical experiences in analytical instruments including UV-vis, GC-FID, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP, ICP-MS, XRF, AAS
- Minimum 2 years experience in laboratory management and supervision for the chemical operation team
- Familiar with the operation and troubleshooting for the following test
This job has expired.
- Knowledge in ISO 17025 system
- Good in spoken and written English
- Experience as a Project leader
- Experience as a trainer to train up subordinates to run a chemical test