With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Laboratory Quality Technician is primarily responsible for supporting processes for laboratories at Viracor with a focus on maintaining CLIA, CAP and NYST accreditation. The Quality Tech supports these processes by using and maintaining software or other methods to train, document, assist others and reviewing for complete and appropriate documentation on records.
This is afull time position, workingMonday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PMwith overtime as needed.
Please note we are moving to a new facility in February 2022and this position will be relocated to Lenexa, KS.
Essential Job Duties:
Level I - Minimum
- Duties/ responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and/or Maintain familiarity with laboratory operating and quality assurance/quality control procedures to effectively perform laboratory quality assurance functions
- Obtain and maintain proficiency in software programs or tools used in Laboratory Quality
- Perform and/or Assist with:
- Review of records with respect to adherence to Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Administration duties within the department and investigation activities including providing documentation as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Inventory management of pipettes and training of associates on proper pipette use.
- Proficiency testing program sample and report management
- Internal audits (self-inspections) of all laboratories for adherence to CAP/CLIA/NYST standards and applicable Viracor SOPs.
- Documentation of and/or reviewing training/competency/CE records
- Reporting communicable diseases per established requirements
- Providing orientation of testing personnel
- Instrument calibration activities and documentation including environmental monitoring system and small laboratory equipment as needed.
- Support development of system and process improvements that would enhance compliance to requirements
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Perform and/or Assist with other duties as required
Level II - Fully meets the responsibilities of Level I plus the following:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in multiple processes managed by the Laboratory Quality Team. Able to train, assist users or clients with questions and or issues, participate in validation of updates, edits to SOPs and training materials.
- Software programs or tools used in Laboratory Quality
- The formal and alternate proficiency testing programs, ensuring that the appropriate samples are identified correctly, paperwork and communications are handled appropriately.
- Training, Competency and Continuing education activities. Ensuring documentation of events and participants, research and present programs in cooperation with manager and lab director.
- The company-wide Non-conformance program by assisting with tracking and report generation as directed.
- The QC program for critical laboratory reagents, including lot-to-lot qualification, in collaboration with lab management.
- The notifiable disease reporting program, ensuring that the program is current and compliant with all accreditation and regulatory requirements at all times
- Laboratory equipment schedules, including management of calibration/maintenance tracking program/software, temperature monitoring system, and pipette calibration program, ensuring that calibrations are correct and current.
- Coordinate internal audits (self-inspections) of all laboratories for adherence to CAP/CLIA/NYST standards and applicable Viracor SOPs
- Understand and demonstrate proficiency with quality monitoring activities such as quality indicators and quality reporting such as KPIs for Quality Meeting.
- Participate in data reporting, internal or external client reports as requested, using Excel or other software utilized for reporting, trending and tracking
- Includes any benchmarking programs in which the lab participates
- Participate in continual quality improvement projects company-wide
- Participate in creation/revision of SOPs for the Laboratory Quality department as required and ensure policies and procedures are monitored and updated to include regulatory changes
Level I - Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Undergraduate degree (AA/BA/BS) in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science preferred
- One year of clinical laboratory experience preferred
- Ability to initiate tasks and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated quality team
- Ability to prioritize and organize efficient work flow, demonstrating excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers/vendors when required
- Comfortable working in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word including common applications in laboratory use
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records with great attention to detail, according to good documentation practices
- Position may require working hours outside of the normal work schedule when necessary
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Additional InformationWhat we offer:
- Undergraduate degree (AA/BA/BS) in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science preferred.
- Alternatively, two years' experience in a regulated laboratory (CAP/CLIA and/or GLP)
- Working knowledge of good laboratory practices and laboratory test methodologies.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify aberrant data and potential quality/compliance concerns escalating to management.
- Familiarity with six sigma scoring as applied to metrics/KPIs for quality
- Familiarity of quality control concepts and methods including Westgard rules and Levey-Jennings graphs
- High level of proficiency with commonly used computer programs
- Ability to work proactively in a self-directed manner, taking initiative as required
- Ability to make sound decisions with little or no supervision, including generating test data, performing analysis and escalating when appropriate
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Physical Requirements:
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
www.eurofinsus.comEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Viracor Eurofins is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace environment and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), disability, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. The Company's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all employment-related matters on the basis of an individual's qualifications, abilities and efforts without regard to protected status.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.