Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
Members of the Metrology team support processes for laboratories at Viracor with a focus on maintaining CLIA, CAP and NYDOH, GxP accreditation by using and maintaining procedures and software or other methods to perform, train, document, assist others to ensure complete and appropriate documentation of required tasks and records.
The Laboratory Metrology Technician (Tech) is responsible for conducting and documenting cleaning, calibration, preventive maintenance functions, and documenting excursions from expected performance as outlined by management in the laboratory areas.
This is a part-time position; Tuesday- Saturday,from 4:00pm-10:00pm
Essential Job Duties:
Level I - Minimum
- Perform and/or assist with instrument maintenance such as plate readers and washers, liquid handling equipment, front end lab automation equipment, centrifuges, balances, etc.
- Responsible for performing and documenting cleaning of the laboratory areas and equipment
- Perform periodic maintenance and cleaning on ULT freezers, refrigerators and cryostorage equipment.
- Maintain cleaning and maintenance records as required
- Instrument calibration activities and documentation including environmental monitoring system and laboratory equipment as directed (Pipettes/Temperature probes)
- Respond to and document environmental alerts, ensuring documentation of actions taken/escalate as needed
- Instrument power cycles/UPS maintenance as required
- Inventory management and upkeep of pipettes including supplying backups and replacements as requested
- Maintain proper records in equipment tracking software by documenting actions and maintaining schedule of required activities
- Administration duties within the department and investigation activities which includes providing documentation as requested by internal or external auditors
- Obtain and maintain proficiency in software programs or tools used in department
- Support development of system and process improvements that would enhance compliance to requirements
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Adhere to policies and protocols in the laboratory
- Work closely and communicate with other laboratory associates to complete daily activities efficiently
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management
Level II - Fully meets the responsibilities of Level I plus the following:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in multiple processes managed by the department
- Able to train, assist users or clients with questions and/or issues, participate in validation of updates
- Provide training and orientation of testing personnel as directed (pipettes and environmental monitoring)
- Maintenance of Laboratory equipment schedules, including management of calibration/maintenance tracking program/software, temperature monitoring system, and pipette calibration program, ensuring that calibrations are correct and current.
- Understand and demonstrate proficiency with quality monitoring activities such as quality indicators and quality reporting related to equipment and monitoring such as KPIs for Quality Meeting
- Communicates Metrology area needs to Facilities, Testing and Manufacturing personnel
- Contacts suppliers/vendors as required
- Participate in data reporting, internal or external client reports as requested, using Excel or other software utilized for reporting, trending, and tracking
- Participate in continual quality improvement projects company-wide
- Participate in creation/revision of SOPs and training materials for the department as required and ensure policies and procedures are monitored and updated to include regulatory changes
- Other duties as assigned by management
Level I - Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Undergraduate degree (AA/BA/BS) in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science preferred
- Knowledge of the clinical laboratory environment preferred, including basic terminology, protocols and practices
- Ability to initiate tasks and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated quality team
- Ability to prioritize and organize efficient workflow, demonstrating excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers/vendors when required
- Comfortable working in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word including common applications in laboratory use
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records with great attention to detail, according to good documentation practices
- Position may require working hours outside of the normal work schedule when necessary
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Level II - Fully meets the qualifications of Level I plus the following:
Additional InformationPhysical Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree (AA/BA/BS) in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science preferred.
- Requires minimum of two years' experience in a regulated laboratory (CAP/CLIA and/or GxP), as Laboratory Quality Tech I, or similar experience in Laboratory process ownership, e.g. laboratory technical roles.
- Working knowledge of good laboratory practices and laboratory test methodologies.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify aberrant data and potential quality/compliance concerns escalating to management.
- Familiarity with six sigma scoring as applied to metrics/KPIs for quality
- High level of proficiency with commonly used computer programs
- Ability to work proactively in a self-directed manner, taking initiative as required
- Ability to make sound decisions with little or no supervision, including generating test data, performing analysis, and escalating when appropriate
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as necessary in the laboratory (4 or more hours)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50pounds
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.