Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
We are looking for someone who wants to contribute to our culture of:
- Service Excellence
- Treating each other with Respect & Honesty
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
- Maintaining Confidentiality
Monday through Friday, 10:30PM to 7:00AM with rotating weekends and holidays.Position Summary
Perform the daily activities as described below. The basic purpose is to perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Sorts and receives specimens into the department
- Cleans, breaks down, and stores laboratory equipment and supplies after completion of laboratory exercises, as required
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
- Performs laboratory task of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels and preparing reagents and or media as directed
- Prepares specimens at workstations for testing
- Performs QA/QC duties as assigned
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and specifications of specified laboratory equipment and/or facilities.
- Successful completion of senior year of high school.
- A minimum (6) months experience preferred.
- High school diploma required.
Work requires some physical effort. Frequent walking, standing, and grasping with both hands. Lifting or performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) is required.Environmental Conditions
Work involves frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements, may involve exposure to a variety or elements which are potentially hazardous or harmful which require exercise of well-defined precautions for protection from injury or illness.American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Scheduled Weekly Hours:
3rd Shift (United States of America)Company:
American Esoteric Labs
American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL), formerly Memphis Pathology Laboratory, is a community-based leader in clinical laboratory medicine dedicated to provide quality care, innovative solutions, and personal service. AEL has serviced the medical community for more than 50 years with a strong presence throughout the Mid-South encompassing Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.