Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Frontier Global Sciences is searching for a Laboratory Technician I - Intern (Full Suite Division) in Fife,WA.
Eurofins Frontier Global Sciences is an advanced analytical laboratory specializing in mercury, trace metals and metals speciation analysis. Since 1991, our expertise in measuring trace metals in air, soil, water, sediments and tissues has produced innovative and reliable analytical methods that are utilized around the world. It is our mission to provide our clients the highest quality, scientifically sound/defensible and cost-effective trace metals and metals speciation analytical data. Frontier is proud to support private industry, government agencies and the regulatory community with metals analysis methods that we served to both help develop and validate, many of which are now EPA methods serving clients across the United States.
The Laboratory Technician I performs a majority of sample homogenization of dietary supplement and environmental samples for trace metals determinations. The lab technician interprets and manages data using LIMS, Access and Excel, ensuring that data meets all established QA/QC criteria and is made available to the Project Manager within specified time frames.
Laboratory Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Using established procedures homogenize and prepare dietary supplement and biological samples using approved other methodologies.
• Perform and interpret required QA/QC procedures; recommend, perform and document corrective actions and possible impacts to data quality.
• Utilize computer software to prioritize work, track samples, acquire data, perform calculations and statistical analysis, and store data to meet established deadlines.
• Conduct review of sample preparation data including: checks for completeness, calculation accuracy, data interpretation and data quality objective coherence. Provide all documentation to Group Leader for peer and scientific review of data in a timely manner
• Manage inventory needs, assist in ordering of supplies, and maintain stock of all necessary components, supplies, standards and reagents
• Provide back-up assistance to other analysts and lab assistants when necessary
• Demonstrate proactive commitment and adherence to industry and company safety regulations and procedures
• Completes all training requirements and ensures they are fully documented and on file with Quality Assurance and Safety Officers.
• Responsible for completion of regular training and DOC under the direction of Group Leader and QA department.
• Responsible for regular update and completion of DOC (Demonstration of Capabilities) as outlined by department manager
• Constructively problem-solve work issues with team members and other lab staff
• Provide feedback to Group Leader, Lab Manager, Quality Assurance Officer and/or Project Managers about analysis, data, or other issues
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Coursework in Chemistry/Sciences with coursework in Chemistry preferred
• Excellent problem solving skills, detail oriented ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize tasks and work efficiently.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to Project Managers and peers
• Experience with LIMS software helpful
• Willingness to put in overtime hours when necessary
• Ability to perform basic math skills including multiplication, division and algebra, statistics background preferred.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• May require long periods of standing and/or sitting
Position is temporary, Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of FifeWashington are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• A minimum of High School Diploma and College Chemistry courses a plus
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posted about 1 hour ago
San Antonio, Texas
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago