Lab Technician - Ceramics
Allied Mineral Products is a leading manufacturer of monolithic refractories worldwide, We are seeking a Lab Technician - Ceramics for our Research and Development facility in Columbus, OH. This position conducts Research and Development projects to develop and improve new and existing products, and processes or test methods. The scope of these activities may include project organization, reporting and follow-up.
- An Associate Degree in Ceramic, Civil, or Chemical Engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience desired..
- At least one year of experience in the Ceramic Industry desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- A practical approach to problem solving required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Must be able to qualify for and wear a respirator
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
Allied Mineral Products offers competitive wages, health, dental, STD, LTD, ESOP retirement plan and profit sharing. Passing a drug screen is required prior to starting work should an offer be made.Allied Mineral Products Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- Complete all laboratory work requests as assigned.
- Conduct practical evaluation tests as required. Tests include casting and ramming tests, mechanical and physical properties, thermal and vibration tests, etc.
- Maintain an orderly file on work performed. This file is to contain all pertinent information regarding all work undertaken.
- Follow, review and as required write/revise and train to Standard Operating Procedures and/or Work Instructions.
- Always work safely and correctly. Follow all health and safety rules, laws and regulations and help ensure a safe working environment exists for all employees.
- Maintain the laboratory in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Perform all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance tasks in the laboratory. Seek assistance for tasks you cannot perform safely.
- Recognize non-routine tasks, conditions and situations, and mitigate by reviewing hazards and exploring solutions with the RD team and Allied EHS.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve lab consistency, efficiency and safety.
- Develop an understanding of raw materials, refractory manufacturing, application techniques, test methods, products, and competitors.
- Write reports on work done and observations made when requested.
- Prepare and manufacture small quantities of finished product as directed.
- Complete work assigned in evaluating all raw material samples received.
- Assist in maintaining a reference file for laboratory raw materials. This will include maintaining a proper stock level of all necessary materials, performing screen analyses, and keeping a record of both stock levels and screen analyses.
- Complete work assigned on all competitive samples received.
- Work with Quality Assurance Department as assigned by Research Engineer and be familiar with all Q.A. procedures and tests. This could involve helping the Quality Assurance Department examine suspect raw material or finished product.
- Run necessary errands to pick up or deliver materials, samples, etc.