It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Under specific direction, collects and prepares blood specimens and other samples for laboratory testing. Maintains collection areas and equipment and performs record keeping duties.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists with the duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Lab Scientist, Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Technical Specialist, Histology.
- Receives and processes laboratory specimens.
- Performs waived testing and progressively more complex testing upon completion of clinical rotations and competencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of experience and education
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
34110007 PhlebotomyScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.