It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Under direct supervision, this position performs routine laboratory tasks according to procedures. May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing. May also perform a variety of general clerical duties to support the laboratory department, including receptionist and secretarial support, admission activities, and order entry processing.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to customer inquiries.
- Assists laboratory staff in the daily operation of the lab by collecting, labeling, processing and preserving blood, urine and other specimens according to established laboratory procedures.
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules processing runs.
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of experience and education
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Evening Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
34010026 LaboratoryScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.