Description: Our client is currently seeking a Kubernetes Engineer. The System Engineer will help implement and maintain multiple Kubernetes Clusters in multiple Cloud Service Providers. The perfect candidate will be familiar with existing and emerging Kubernetes tools and services. The candidate must be experienced in maintaining complex environments in a progressive and collaborative Agile environment. They will be responsible for delivering production quality environments, optimized for performance and reliability while maintaining the safety and security of the operating environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with the Development, System, and Architecture teams to implement the Cloud Native Engineering team's roadmap including infrastructure, pipeline automation, and new advanced platform techniques.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and document current and future-state automation processes, procedures, and environments.
• Participate in engagements to improve Kubernetes capabilities across functional areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience implementing infrastructure automation and configuration management tools and techniques in a DevOps culture
• Strong communication skills - verbal and written - with the ability to collaborate well within a team and across organizations.
• Experience coding and deploying AWS and other cloud services with an Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset.
• Ability to deploy and manage operating systems, and/or applications on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Oracle Cloud.
• Experience with at least one automation/scripting/deployment language such as Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
• Experience managing Kubernetes (Raw, EKS, GKE, or AKS) at Production Scale
• Familiarity with Istio Service Mesh, Gloo Gateway, ArgoCD or Open Policy Agent is a plus
• Exposure to implementing CI/CD pipelines for infrastructure and/or code deployment via GitHub actions is a plus
• Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) environments is nice to have
• Undergraduate degree preferably in Computer Science or a similar technical degree.
• 4+ years of experience in technology related roles, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience