Job Title: Jr. Business Development Officer
Department: Marketing - Business Development Team
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Tropical FCU (TFCU) is a Sun-Sentinel Top Workplace five years in a row. Being part of the Business Development Team and TFCU overall will provide you with opportunities to engage by learning, growing, contributing, collaborating, and developing professionally. Join us for a great employee experience focused on engaging employees and members alike.
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in the achievement of its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. This position supports the sales network by building long-term relationships with new and existing Partner Companies (PCs). The role is responsible for scheduling credit union days, benefit fairs, and other PC-related activities promoting our exceptional products and services to obtain new and grow existing businesses. These efforts are expected to increase the market portfolio for the credit union-additionally; this position mentors, trains, and assists all the assigned Branches and Markets.
JOB SPECIFIC INFORMATION
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES This position is responsible for business development within assigned areas in eight Counties (Miami Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Martin, Hendry, Collier, Lee, and Sarasota), developing new Partner Companies (PCs) to increase overall member growth, increase net new account growth and ensure overall member satisfaction. Individual will also be responsible for partnering with the Business Development officers to develop prospects, call on new and current members, assist in developing strategies to sell all products and services, and represent the company in the community.
- With the guidance and support of the Business Development team, develops New PCs, builds their portfolio, and initiates a business relationship.
- Maintains relationships with current PCs by using different channels/in-person, virtual or digital
- Originate Consumer and Mortgage /Home Equity referrals - generating from inside or outside activities
- Conduct retention and sales calls to potential, new and existing members
- Build strong business contacts by using all the service delivery channels
- Develop Community Leadership and Influence by sponsoring or participating in a variety of community based events
- Develop and maintain strong external contacts and serve as a Centers of Influence
- Collaborate with assigned branches to evaluate, devise and implement member retention techniques and evaluate the outcome of techniques and with assigned branch(s) improve or change approach.
- Market all products and services, recommend fee-generating alternatives and pursues cross-selling services via attendance to PC events, alternate delivery channels, branch partnerships and any other related events or activities whenever possible in alignment with our mission and core values.
- Assist with Mentoring and Training Branch staff on identifying, acquiring and maintaining PC relationships.
- Assists and supports with the coordination of PC activities with Market Managers and their respective teams.
- Ensure compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures and Local, State and Federal rules and regulations
- Ensure total data / document integrity by reviewing and validating accuracy of data with reports and PC's and related members.
- Logs and documents all PC related calls to potential, current and existing PC's. and submits weekly reports
- Assist in partnering with Marketing and Branch to identify, create and deploy new market strategies
- Coordinate and participate in cold calls with Market Managers and business partners
- Coordinate business development activities and events with the Business Development Team and Branches.
- Assist in ensuring the resolution of any PC related member concerns, issues or complaints
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations for enhancement or improvement.
Position RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS:REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma is required, Bachelor's degree preferred or three years of equivalent experience in sales and / or business development activities, wide degree or creativity and latitude, knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues,
- Two years lending (Consumer and Commercial) / banking experience required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of credit union/banking concepts, practices, procedures and relevant systems.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, motivational, analytical, and oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision at times. However, it is essential to be a team player and must be open to coaching and constructive feedback for knowledge development and performance enhancement.
- Capable of compiling, analyzing, preparing and presenting our products and services and other related reports.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with related business software packages.
- Must be proficient in the use of standard MSOffice applications (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be a self-starter and possess above average time management, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and timely fashion.
- Ability to facilitate presentations to individuals and groups.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish/French or Creole) preferred, as it may be required for certain locations.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage sudden changes in the workflow.
- Ability to mentor, support, assist and provide constructive feedback.
- Must be willing to travel to PC and retail branch locations approximately 75% of the time.
Valid driver's license required and the ability to work evenings and weekends.
We offer Excellent Benefits such as:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Profit Sharing 401K Plan
- Accident, Cancer, and Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Prepaid Legal
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pet Discount Program
- Paid Time Off/ 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Paydown Program
- And so much more!
Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt LocationMiramar - Headquarters About the OrganizationTropical is a not-for-profit, member-owned and member operated financial cooperative, serving South Florida since 1935. We operate a fun, and family-oriented work environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow in their career and move up within the organization. It's an organization that values your contributions and rewards you for your performance. TFCU has proven to be an organization that is dedicated not only to TFCU's success, but the success of its employees and the financial success of our members. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
This job has expired.